Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Goals Goals Goals...

The most common new years resolution/goal is to lose weight. I understand the desire. I find myself with that desire several times a month clustering around my lovely time of month! God Bless Hormones... Thanks EVE! Ha! With that said... seriously... God Bless Hormones and Thanks Eve! Because of Hormones and Eve I believe God has a major teaching tool here.

We as women put a lot of stock in our weight! Society has put a lot of stock in weight and appearance. It has become a defining tool for many. I read a great blog post today about not being defined by a number. Each day we have a choice to not be defined by the number on the scale or even the number in our checking account. Instead let us strive to be defined by who God has created us to be. Let us be defined by love joy and relationships.

Just as I struggle with the frequent desire to lose weight and I fall into the trap of being defined by a number. The number does not make me successful. Being fixated on the number is not living a life of balance.

What is Balance when it comes to Health and losing weight.... There is a Healthy Balance and it is not a Bad Goal to have...

Tomorrow- Balance in Losing weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment