Monday, January 31, 2011

My One Piece your Bikini

This past weekend the family packed our cars and headed to Wisconsin Dells for a Birthday Celebration! If you are not familiar with the Dells, I would describe it as Branson meets indoor water parks... It was loads of fun! Best part was being with family and celebrating our little miss first birthday!

Little Miss with her Cake! The pure joy of sugar for the 1st time!
Typically January we are covered up in turtlenecks and sweats not bearing it all in our Bikinis! If you are like me when you head to the pool you are slightly self conscious (maybe not slightly) Friday night we headed down to the indoor water park as I remembered I had my glasses on! Forgot the contacts and I didn't want to go down the slides with them on so I took them off, leaving me blind as a bat!

It was after walking around for awhile hand in hand with hubs, so he could be my guide, that I realized I wasn't comparing my body to the other women, I wasn't checking out their swim suits, heck I didn't even think to look down at myself to make sure everything was sucked in! I was just enjoying my family and the pure joy of going down a slide! Just like my 2 year old nieces! It was great!

This is how God sees us! He doesn't compare our swim suits with the next girl or if our legs touch and hers don't... He just loves us for how He created us! It was truly a freeing experience!

1 comment: