Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 9

Well we had our first snow of the season. I cant say I am excited about it, but what I am so thankful for is COVERED PARKING! It is a HUGE blessing not to have to clean off my car after a night of snow!

Speaking of Snow it makes me crave  yummy comfort food! I think I am going to bring back Butternut squash soup tonight, in honor of our first snow of the season.

The other thing I want to make tonight is another batch of yummy quinoa granola


  • 2 cup whole rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup quinoa (I used 1/6 cup each of of red and regular quinoa)
  • 2 T chia seeds
  • 3/4 cup raw almonds, coarsely chopped
  • 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
  • 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
  • 1/4 cup raw walnuts, coarsely chopped
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/3 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup agave or honey
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted



This recipe can be adapted to however you would like. I typically just use almonds or walnuts and I roast them in the oven or in a skillet till you smell them.

Mix all ingredients together

Bake on a baking sheet at 225 for 60 min.

Enjoy! I usually put it over plan greek yogurt as it is high in calories but they are good calories.

Check out the Stats: about 1/4 cup, maybe slightly less

24 Servings
Amount Per Serving
Calories 102.0
Total Fat 6.2 g
Saturated Fat 2.3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.1 g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 0.2 mg
Potassium 43.6 mg
Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 2.7 g

1 comment: