Monday, March 7, 2011

Cooking for the Masses!

I Love baking and cooking... the only thing better than baking and cooking is cooking with my mom and/or hubs! Which made yesterday a FANTASTIC DAY!

My parents, hubs and I made lunch for about 300 people... yes you read that right not 3 not 30... 300!

It was a joy! what was on the menu?

Chicken Cordon bleu--- who doesn't love Chicken wrapped around ham and cheese, rolled in bread crumbs and baked till bubbling hot cheese!

Green Beans---Steamed in Chicken broth and Garlic topped with toasted Almonds!

Fingerling Potato's--- Roasted in Olive Oil and Organic Veggie spices

Beautiful Salad (my favorite)--- mixture of roman and Bib lettuce tossed with avocado, feta, tomato's, and red peppers (I perfected chopping a tomato and red pepper)

Dessert--- a selection of mini sweets perfect to top of a high energy lunch!

My body is dead, my mom feels like she was hit by a truck, dad is on caffeine high, hubs was zonked out in front of the TV... I think we deserve some R&R! Today I am getting a massage!

I also made hubs energy bars this morning...Recipe to come!

:-) JR

No comments:

Post a Comment