Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fact vs. Feeling

I feel fat... I feel tired....I feel sad....I feel ___________

feeling is a word that we use a lot and place high value on the word. We use the word feel in many statements, lending the statement to imply Truth.

For example... we say I feel fat or I feel like I am gaining weight. Well the fact of gaining weight is proven by a scale. It is not a feeling.

Example: I feel useless the fact might be you are very useful, but the reward is not proving your use to you.

Fact and Feeling is something us as women need to strive to tell the difference between. It means we need to stop and evaluate our feelings... are they valid or are they just that a feeling with nothing to back it up.

Yes, often times our feelings are valid. the feeling of sadness because you were hurt by a friend or you lost your job, or maybe you are gaining weight. All of those can cause sadness. That is when we can cry out and pray!

But don't allow your feelings to control you or falsify judgement about yourself. When in question ask someone you trust to help you distinguish the difference.

PS....The bloody truth part 2 will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment