Monday, August 8, 2011

Lake Weekend!

We had a great and eventful weekend at the Lake! Thursday I was able to leave work early and ride up with my Mom, Sis and her little ones; S & W. Hubs and Dad joined us a few hours later... perfect timing to pay for groceries at the store. THANKS DAD! The cart was filled with lots of veggies, watermelon, peaches, and protein! On the menu for dinners was Greek Salad with grilled chicken and lentil felafel's, Homemade Pizza, and Burgers with roasted veggies. Lunch is typically leftovers, breakfast...fin for yourselves (cereal, eggs, hubs always eats leftover meat)

So we were set with groceries and ready for the sun. Friday was slightly over cast making it perfect weather for a long walk to town (5 miles) Hubs and I enjoyed every step and commented how fast it went, though it took us longer than usual! We were picked up in the boat and enjoyed a ride home! Fast forward to that evening after dinner...we decided to walk to a new ice cream shop. The building is in the shape of an ice cream cone. So Cute! Well, on the way home a not so cute bug decided to fly into my eye, causing quite the reaction. I quickly swelled up! Not just some puffy eye, but the white of my eye swelled over the brown, I had a huge bag under my eye that continued down to my chin... not kidding! I took two benadryl and quickly fell into a benadryl coma! In the morning it still was swollen! Took more meds, zyrtec this time. It helped and slowing went down. But it is still puffy today so a trip to the doc or at least a phone call might be in order.

 This is me trying to look sad!

Despite the bug in the eye it was a good lake weekend! Lots of relaxing which can make Mondays hard! But, I slept awesome and started off my morning with a great breakfast! I am trying hard to go low carb over the next few weeks, as I have to fit into a bridesmaid dress... its the battle of my will vs. Lupron (the medicine I take) we will see who comes out on top!

So in lieu of my usual oatmeal, I decided to have a protein smoothie! It might not look good but its great and very low carbs!

1/2 C Almond Milk
1 C Spinach
1 scoop PP
1 Peach (less than 10 carbs)
1 handful Ice
BLEND till SMOOTH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment