Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day!

In His Steps…

Ephesians 5:1-2
“Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” (NIV)

1 Corinthians 11:1
“Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.”

The Bible is very clear that we are to be followers of Christ, living a life striving to become more like him. Not only is the Bible clear of this command it is filled with examples of how we can live our life. Our heavenly father is the PERFECT example of how we are to live.

With father’s day coming I can’t help but think of my own father and the example he has been for me my entire life. His life motto could be “follow me, as I follow Christ” As I reflect on my earthly father these are examples of how he follows Christ daily and what we can take from His example.

  1. I have yet to witness a morning where he is not in the word. Whether its reading through his one year bible or reading on his phone as he waits patiently
  2. He exudes patience that can only be learned from Christ. He is patient with people, he is patient with the process of life, and he is patient with decisions in order to be wise.
  3. Wisdom is something I clearly remember my father praying for. He asked the Lord to give him wisdom, which took him through several trials forcing him to the lord in Prayer.
  4. Prayer is a daily part of my father’s life, he is following Christ through his daily conversation with him. I don’t remember a meal that has not been blessed or decision that has not been prayed over diligently
  5. Diligence is a trait that takes time and can be hard to come by. My father is diligent each day to his work, his church, his family, and his faith.
  6. His faith is shown by example not by forcing the subject. He shares his faith in Love.
  7. Love is the ultimate example as Christ first showed love and like Christ, my father’s love is Unconditional.

It would be my prayer that no matter what example your earthly father displayed to follow your heavenly father. To live your life as an example to others, become the example my father was to me, to those in your life.

My wedding Day... My Dad giving me jewelery to wear that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment