Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Worry Wednesday

Worry why do we do it? Worrying is such and interesting concept. I know I am consumed by it often and find myself missing out on important things because of it... like... SLEEP! I have had many sleepless nights... last night being one of them... I worry about dumb things and I worry about things that seems to be very important to me.

Dictionary describes worry as: To cause to feel anxious, distressed, or troubled

No wonder I can never sleep when I am worried!

The wonderful thing about God is he doesn't want us to worry, rather give our worries to him. He doesn't want us to be anxious but to pray and to fill our hearts and mind with pure and holy thoughts. After all worrying doesn't add an hour to our day... it most likely takes away an hour.

So when you are feeling anxious or overcome with worry. Give it over! Pray about it! Ask God to guide you and to rock you back to sleep you can rise the next morning ready to live your life for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment