Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Why do we LOVE food!

Food is such and interesting concept to me! Hubs and I often say we LOVE eating! ha! Good thing we Enjoy working out too! I might even venture to say I LOVE working out! I know for fact I love the feeling after a good work out!
Back to why food is an interesting concept. Food is a necessity of life, but I often find in my own life and in counseling that food can become a stumbling block. We can begin to Love food too much placing it above the Lord and the discipline we need to not over indulge, causing us to not be healthy. We also can begin to Hate food, for fear of gaining weight. I can fall into this category as well. I often find myself back and forth in a Love/ Hate relationship with food.

I have learned over many years, and continue to learn that food needs to be balanced! I think I will always be on the balance kick! Its so important! There are many references where food is used to celebrate in the Bible! Food is a wonderful thing to celebrate with! It brings people together and is such a joy to prepare! Food also can be indulged on and we can become glutenous, which is not what it is intended for! God gave us food to nourish our bodies and give us energy! If we are not getting enough food for energy then we are not living the way God intends, if we are eating too much and it zaps our energy, it is not living the way God intends!

It is all about balance! with all that to say! Hubs and I had a WONDERFUL birthday dinner last night! We celebrated with dessert, but didn't feel stuffed and zapped afterwards!

Tonight... I celebrate again with my sisters and mom! We are having a girls night for my birthday at one of my favorites! CANT WAIT! After all I do love food! I will enjoy and hopefully not walk stuffed!

No comments:

Post a Comment