Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Time to SLOOOOW Down!

We have had such a busy week! 4th of July is always my favorite holiday of the year, it calls for late night firework shows, which means lack of sleep!

The past four days... we have seen countless displays of fireworks... eaten more than I care to admit. I think I had ice cream daily! Haven't worked out much and now feel 5lbs heavier! Ugh...what do you do after a busy holiday weekend to get back on track?

Here are my tips for slowing down and recovering from diet bust (which are good for you sometimes, but we have to get back on the health train)

1.Don't beat yourself up for enjoying a holiday!
2. Work out hard the day after!
3. Purge ALL sugar from your diet for a week or so
4. Eat lots of vegetables the week after
5. Have accountability to keep you going! After taking break it can be a challenge to start up again.
6. Make sure to go to bed early all week (need to recover from a busy holiday)
7. Don't beat yourself up for enjoying a holiday!

Hope you had a fun and safe 4th of July! We had a blast! Hubs even enjoyed fireworks with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment