Thursday, July 14, 2011

$$$$

Finances have never been my strong suit. I just don't enjoy keeping track, watching my bank account, budgeting, worrying, ect. Needless to say, money isn't something that we just cant think about. We are called to be good stewards of our money. Thankfully, my husband is great when it comes to finances and has helped me a long the way!

I know in order to be wise, I need to write down when I use a check, I need to keep track of my bank account, and for all this to work I need a budget! I know that I love to shop and I know that I love to buy groceries and cook yummy healthy meals. Also this can be possible in the confounds of a budget.

One of our favorite budget tools is mint.com. It is a free site that helps you create a budget and track your spending... I have quickly learned that a lot of my money goes to groceries. In order to keep that category in check, I try to go to the store fewer times, create a list, have mental note of meal plans, and know what our week looks like so I don't buy to much or too little that will send me back for another trip.

I also have key ingredients that I buy at CostCo or Sams for a better deal. Make sure what you buy in bulk you will use in bulk!

We buy Spinach, Almond Butter, Protein Powder, Oats, In season produce occasionally, and meat.

Make Sure when you make a budget its manageable and you are held accountable to it. lastly make it fun!... Budgets really can be fun, like a came!

1 comment:

  1. So VERY Glad you are writing on your blog again!!! YEAH! Great insights and great words of wisdom from you!

    ReplyDelete