Friday, July 29, 2011

Making it a good day!

I didnt have many words to say yesterday because I was worn out and about ready to explode or burst into tears. It has been a long sad week in the counseling world! I knew that I needed some sleep and destress time! So I went home early from work... took a nap! It was wonderful! Then went for a run in my new shoes!
Life was getting better :-) I live downtown, but there is a great trail just 5 blocks away! I decided to do my new favorite 4 mile loop! After walking the five blocks and dodging rush hour traffic, I started my loop!
Along the river!
All the way to the Lake!
Then return! I was a sweaty hott mess!
By the time I was almost home I was feeling better! Then I saw my father-in-law (lives 45 min away) honking and yelling my name out his car window! He was leaving a baseball game! His smile always brightens my day!
When I got home I did my one of my favorite things... bake!
Today started off even better with my favorite breakfast!  Warm oatmeal, protein powder, and almond butter. With a few strawberries on the side! I have been hanging out at home and went to the gym! Perfect day!

What do you do to turn your mood around or lift your spirits?

No comments:

Post a Comment