Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Celebration Night!

I got home last night and was welcomed with a VERY NICE SURPRISE from Hubs!... Babe, lets celebrate tonight! It was official that I am a licensed counselor! He made me feel so special and loved all night long! We started with appetizers at one of our favorite restaurants Centro! It is always a go to staple in our house! We split an order of fried Brussels sprouts with truffle oil (Brussels sprouts are healthy!). Hubs and I L-O-V-E truffle oil... maybe as much as we love each other! After apps we headed to 801 Chophouse! It was a real treat! Yes, it is a nice expensive steak house to most people... but to me it is so much more! My grandparents and parents would always go to 801 when we were growing up and the kids were left at home with pizza... well not last night! My husband spoiled me rotten!

We started with splitting a Garbage salad. We both loved it! Description from menu...

Garbage Salad
Romaine lettuce, Maytag blue cheese crumbles,
hearts of palm, tomato, English cucumber,
calamata olives, pepperoncinis, salami,
Champagne Dijon vinaigrette dressing,
and a jumbo shrimp


Then moved on to our entrees

Halibut for the Lady, topped with grapefruit and avocado, on top of a bed of watercress, drizzled with grapefruit oil... Mouth watering!



Seared Ahi Tuna for the Gentleman, topped with a carrot slaw, along with a delightful soy glaze... wasabi and ginger on the side!


We finished the evening with a Strawberry Rhubarb Tart and Vanilla bean ice cream! It looked too good and I forgot a picture! Whoops!

The night was PERFECT!!!!! We kept asking the waiter if we could take our time... we just wanted to sit and enjoy! The night might not have been the healthiest night ever, but it sure was a celebration! I will be eating healthy today!

1 comment:

  1. Looks YUMMY!!! But, what did they do with that shrimp?

    T is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete