Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cheesecake = Discipline

I seriously had to practise some major discipline yesterday! "Oh My" as my husband would say! You see, I have two long time co-workers moving... one to Africa (yes AFRICA, read his family blog here) and one to Ohio (not as jaw dropping, but equally disappointing) So like always we decided it was a good reason to go out for dessert to see our good byes and have a great time with co-workers friends.

We decided on Cheesecake Factory... duh... its all in the name. Now Cheesecake is not where the discipline comes into practise. I myself am not a fan of cheese (except goat an feta) But... I am a fan of Carrot cake, Red Velvet Cake, Apple Pie and of course ICE CREAM!!!! But I resisted remembering a) I celebrated my dads birthday with cookies and ice cream, b) I split of scoop of ice cream Sunday night with hubs at a friends house (yes just one little scoop) c) I have to stand in front of hundreds of peeps Saturday at my brother-in-laws wedding and read scripture... which means I better feel decent in my dress... so DISCIPLINE had to pay a HUGE roll in ordering this....



Strawberries and a little pile whip cream (I didn't even eat half the whip cream)

instead of ordering this...



or this...



or any of these....



I am happy to say I was and am very happy with my decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment